Feeling Accomplished | Little Lady Little City: Feeling Accomplished

Feeling Accomplished

Today was another very long day working hard on the house. We poured the cement footers in the holes for the cisterns (you can see us working on one of the holes in my last post). The plan for tomorrow is to get them all built with the cinder blocks and then pour some more cement on Friday. Man I'm already so tired from all this work, I'll probably be about ready to keel over by the end of the week, hehe. 

Anyways as I mentioned before (or at least I think I did) Will and I are going to be going to Portland, OR next week to visit some friends, which means we had to figure out a way to keep our greenhouse all watered while we are gone. I would be so devastated if we came back to a dead greenhouse, I mean I grew it all from seeds! Keeping them watered isn't the easiest of tasks when your house doesn't have running water yet, haha. But I can happily report that we came up with a little system that we think is going to work wonderfully! 
We also have a timer system that is not in the picture that we will be using to turn the pump off and on. Haha it kind of looks like a little bit of a disaster doesn't it? But hey if it works right :)
We will place all the potted plants on the ground under the misters. 
After a little testing out our little system it seems like the misters were a great way to go. They give nice coverage to our little greenhouse without over saturating any one plant. The way it works is that we will set the timer to turn on our little pump everyday at a specific time, which will then pump the water out of the blue jug and push it into the misters. Creating a delightful little light shower for our plants. Fingers crossed that this system goes off without a hitch because I'm sure we will be needing to use it over and over.

I can hardly wait till our plants start producing some yummy veggies! How are all your plants doing?

x's and o's

23 comments:

  1. I bought a mint plant, dill plant, chives and tomatoes today. Fingers crossed I can keep them all alive until I get them planted this weekend along with all of our seeds.
    If not though, I've already enjoyed a delicious strawberry mojito with the mint, so that will numb the pain!

    Keep up all the good work. That's an awesome little watering system!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh a mint plant! That sounds so heavenly! I've had zero luck with any herbs so far, le boo! But once we get back our trip I'm planning on starting them again.

      Delete
  2. Look great. I hope that your plants will survive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever! I've just remembered that I haven't watered my plants since the dawn of time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so envious that you had orange trees in your backyard - how wonderful! Thanks for coming around the other day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty darn wonderful! I have to see if we will be able to grow any up here on the mountain! I would be pretty darn thrilled to have apple and orange trees!

      Delete
  5. How clever! I hope all goes well with it!

    My tomatoes are doing awesome. Last time I checked, I had about 10 buds... but that was from 22 plants, so hopefully next time I check there will be more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing! Our little tomatoes have just started popping up.

      Delete
  6. How cool!!

    I normally wouldn't do this, but as a long time reader I'd SO appreciate your help! :D Please go to my blog and read this post, I just need your help winning a HUGE contest in my life. I promise it'll be worth your time :D It's really easy too!

    http://tynee-treasures.blogspot.com/2012/05/electric-forest-hoop-troupe-contest.html

    (really sorry if this is serious spam for you)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's no problem at all happy to help, I really hope you win!

      Delete
  7. Hope it works out well- you guys are so creative with your contraptions. Love it-

    ReplyDelete
  8. How clever are you! We planted a smaller than usual vegetable garden this year but it's doing so well in this balmy, sunny spring. We're on our second year growing grapes, too, which is quite exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear your garden is doing so well! This weather really has been pretty darn perfect for growing.

      Delete
  9. I love greenhouses. I will have one in my dream house :D
    This period I only have flowers in my balcony. They smell great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so nice, I love the smell of flowers. Hopefully our little flower bed will start getting so flowers growing soon too.

      Delete
  10. Your garden system is putting my little basil plants to shame! Love your greenhouse space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks. If it makes you feel any better, I cannot get any of my basil to grow for the life of me, haha! If you have any tips please share!

      Delete
  11. I'm sure it will work just fine! I love your creativeness!
    I have nothing comparing to your greenhouse, only a few decorative plants, but I'd love one!
    I'm so jealous of you, building your own house!!! I hope the pain is gone!
    Thank you for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment! I now follow you via Bloglovin so that I can stay tuned to your lovely adventures!
    http://fashionatint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling better today, a lot less sore thankfully. So happy to have you aboard!

      Delete
  12. Wow you guys are really determined to get this house ready! I like it that your readers get to 'experience' the whole process :) And you're so creative, looks like an awesome watering system ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I love reading each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...